You spent the day planning to prepare the perfect dish – you went out shopping for fresh ingredients, got your recipe in order, got all your utensils handy, only when you got to the actual cooking the food gets stuck to the pan; it can be not just annoying but frustrating.
The truth is that whether it is eggs or more complicated recipes most types of pans will not do because food sticks on them. That is why we recommend that you try cooking with a red copper pan.
You are feeling sceptical, right? I would be too; after all, a lot of cookware that is advertised as non-stick is simply not. It may work the first one or two times that you use it but after that it is back to the same old frustrations.
The good news is that by reading this comprehensive review you will understand why a red copper pan will sort out this problem for you once and for all.
So what is a red copper pan? It is a pan that is made out of a mixture of red copper and ceramic.
The red copper lends it longevity – your pan will be around for many years to come and the mixture of the ceramic is what stops food from sticking to the base and the sides of the pan.
You may be forgiven for thinking that this kind of a pan would be heavy – copper is a heavy material. The fact is that these pans are lightweight.
The manufacturers understand how awkward it can be to prepare a meal in a very heavy pan – not only is it a nuisance to move around especially for women, it would also take a long time to heat up calling for more cooking time.
You don’t have to worry about that with a red copper pan since it is just as light as other pans in your kitchen.
One of the most frequently asked questions in red copper pan reviews is whether they are safe.
Is yes; your pan is perfectly safe since the mixture of red copper and ceramic isn’t toxic at all. You should, however, be careful about who you buy from.
There are some reports that there are some red copper pans that leave a greyish tint on food. These are made by less than honest manufacturers who add other materials in a bid to make their pans different.
If you buy yours from a renowned manufacturer you don’t have to worry about it affecting your health.
Here are other advantages of red copper pans
• You know how when food sticks on a pan you have to soak it and then scrub it? You never have to worry about that if you use a red copper pan. You can wash it right after you finish cooking and it is easy to clean.
• These pans can be used to cook food at temperatures of up to 500F. This means less cooking time for you and a wide variety of uses for your pan. You can use it for anything from fried eggs to caramelizing sugar.
• Red copper pans heat evenly throughout. Copper is itself a good conductor of heat and it will spread it around your pan evenly, while the ceramic is good at holding it in.
• Many people who have bought these pans admit that it does make a handsome addition to the kitchen – the red copper looks beautiful.
• The pans are made out of very tough copper. If you buy a set today you will go many years without needing to buy a new one.
• Manny pans scratch and peel into food, and these shavings, though microscopic, can have a dangerous effect to your health in the long run. Not red copper pans. They are scratch and flake free.
• The pans are dishwasher safe and you can also use it in your oven.
• They are PFOA and PTFE free.
• Many times the solution to using a sticky pan is to use more oil. If you are making fish fingers, for example, and they start to stick you can add a little bit of oil to stop this from happening.
In the end, although your fish fingers don’t stick you end up consuming a lot more fat than you should.
A red copper pan will take care of that problem because with the minimum amount of oil you can fry foods and they will slide right off the pan.
What about all the advertising about red copper pans? Can it be trusted?
It is true that there has been a lot of advertising of red copper pans – there is an infomercial where you see exactly how well the pan performs.
It is okay to be sceptical in the face of so much advertising.
In the world we live in today, a lot of products that are hyped end up disappointing buyers.
If you want to know whether or not red copper pans work the best place to visit is YouTube.
There are tons of clips there that show different people cooking with red copper pans and all of them end up with positive results.
The bottom line is that if so many people get their food just the way they want it means that you can too.
Red copper pan vs. Gotham steel pan – which is better?
That is an excellent questions since there are many people who believe in the Gotham steel pan.
It is made out of a mixture of ceramic and titanium which leaves it with one major disadvantage – none of these materials are as good conductors of heat as copper is.
If you want to prepare meals on the fly at very high temperatures you will do better with a red copper pan. The problem is not just with the heat distribution.
The chemical binds between steel and titanium come free when the pan is heated and although there hasn’t been any definitive research, it is safe to say that you don’t want to ingest microscopic bits of these two elements every time you eat food out of a pan.
Red copper pans are affordable
Price is obviously a factor when you are buying pans.
Many seasoned cooks will spend a good amount of money to acquire a set of pans that they believe in. You will be happy to know that although these pans come with so many benefits they are highly affordable.
Here is what the infomercial has to say about the price:
“Call now and receive my 10 inch Red Copper Pan for just $19.99. Plus get my Quick Meals and Desserts recipe book free. If Red Copper ever fails, we’ll replace it, guaranteed. Want more bang for your buck? You can double the offer and receive a second set plus our new Forever Sharp copper knife. Just pay a separate fee. Razor sharp and food slides right off. So durable it crushes this rock to dust and still slices this tomato with ease. An incredible value; call now.”
Tips on maintaining your red copper pan
As we have already said, these pans last for years, but if you want them to last even longer there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
• Although you can cook with very high temperatures using these pans. You should use lower ones whenever possible. It helps to retain the non-stick factor.
• It may be tempting to remove the pan straight from the stove to the sink but this degrades your red copper pans in the long term. You will get better use out of them if you always let them cool before you wash them.
• Instead of using a sponge and soap to clean your pan try and use paper towels and soap instead – they are gentler than a sponge.
• Never stack your red copper pan – it affects the surface and will make your pans lose their non-stick factor.
• Always cook with a wooden or plastic spoon or spatula whenever possible. Using spoons that are made of metals is not advisable.
Now that you have read the complete review you must be wondering whether there is anything negative about red copper pans. There is one thing – there are many fakes in the market and you may end up with one. Make sure that you buy from a company that is well known for producing solid products.
Here are some reviews of red copper pans from Amazon.com:
“Properly prepping this product as instructed will provide excellent cooking performance. Not following the prepping instructions will result in a diminished performance. Prep it twice a year and it performs as advertised or choose to be ignorant and not read the instructions that come with your product. Been cooking like a Pro for two months and haven’t had any issues!” b|@d3h@(k3R.
“After a friend suggested this pan, I watched all the reviews & infomercials I could find. They were enough to convince me to try it! I have cooked all the things that might stick or stain, but nothing has. The pan looks like it did the day I got it! I plan to get it in the other size.” TheMacs
“Best pan in my cupboards! I have some great pans but these are the only one I use.” Carol Perillo
It is time for you to cook like a Pro too; all you need to do is invest in a red copper pan!